There are two types of style editor. The ‘Simple’ editor and the ‘Advanced’ editor.
The ‘Simple’ editor allows for basic edits like font colour, font type and background colour. With the Advanced editor you can edit all the other aspects of your website.
Please try the simple editor first. The ‘Advanced’ style editor is advanced and should only be used if you’re comfortable making advanced edits. We recommend you first save your current style so you can always recover it later if you make a mistake.
Also we officially don't provide support for the advanced style editor. You need to fiddle with it yourself and figure out where to edit the font sizes you want to change.
1) First unlock the advanced style editor here:
- Login to your control panel
- Click 'Settings'
- Click 'Preferences'
- Switch 'Show advanced editor' to On
- Scroll down and click 'Save changes'
2) Now when you go to the style editor you can select the advanced option
- Click 'Presentation'
- Click 'Customize Style'
- Scroll all the way down and next to 'editor mode' click 'Advanced'
3) Scroll down again and you will see a whole bunch of tabs. These are all the different elements of your website. Most choices should be self explanatory (eg. " Links" - you can change the appearance of links).
- Try out a bunch of tabs that you suspect contain the elements you want to change.
- E.g. if you want to change the font size, move the bar next to 'font size'
- Click 'Preview changes' to preview the changes in the preview window above
- Click 'Publish style' when satisfied
Here is a list of some tabs regarding what area of the page is affected:
Body - (Text page, Contact page)
Single Image Area - (An individual image page)
Menu Items - (Menu)
The "Mobile Friendly" Responsive template(s) can't be edited with the advanced style editor. This is because the responsive template is designed to change automatically to respond to the device your website is being viewed, for example the website will resize and the layout change to fit the size of the screen. As a result most of the options in the advanced style editor are no longer effective, such as font size, padding, margins, width, line spacing. We may in the future be able to add some more options for editing, but for now the simple editor is available for changing fonts and colours.