The system's image quality default setting allows for a happy medium of image detail vs. image loading speed. Please note that higher quality settings may cause your images to be slower to load and appear on your webpages.
If you find your images need more detail first check the following:
- Make sure your original .JPEG image is indeed of good quality (and large enough) as to not be the problem. The original image should be larger than the size on your website.
- Also make sure to edit your website image sizes to a larger size before uploading. To increase the image size, see our article on Changing Image Sizes.
After checking the above two points you can manually adjust your image quality like this:
- Login to your Control Panel
- Click ‘Settings’
- Click ‘Preferences’
- Adjust the number next to ‘Choose Image Quality’ (1 - 100) - (80 is the default)
- Click 'Save Changes'
** Very Important, to see the image quality changes you need to 'Regenerate' all your images after adjusting the number for Image Quality. Please do the following:
- Click ‘Presentation’
- Click ‘Images Sizes’
- Click ‘Regenerate Images’
Depending on the amount of images you have uploaded, it may take about 10 to 30 minutes for all you images to display correctly on your website.